Data Protection Policy
Who is Nation Remit?
In this Policy, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, and “Nation Remit” refer to Nation Remit limited company incorporated under the laws of the United Kingdom, registration number 11933108. Our company is authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Payment Service Regulations 2017 and Electronic Money Regulations 2011. Registration number: 929794.
“Controller” Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation, Nation Remit is the “controller” of your personal data and “Data subject” refers to you, our customer. NationRemit controls the purpose and means of the processing of your personal data, while respecting your privacy rights.
“Personal Data”: Personal data in this Policy refers to any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data.
“Services” means Nation Remit Money Transfer Service, or any other services or products that we may introduce from time to time.
“Marketing” refers to any action or advertisement or promotion or marketing like discounts.
What information we collect from you
This section sets out categories of personal information we may collect, record, use and hold about you as set out in the Policy.
Data you give us:
- Your name.
- Personal number.
- Date of birth.
- Identity verification data (e.g., passport, driving licence, residence permit card.).
- Your payment details and other financial statement.
- Address verification data (e.g., utility bills, council tax bill, mortgage statement, HMRC tax notification, UK bank or credit statement etc).
We may also collect information from you in relation to other people including:
- Recipient name.
- Recipient mobile number.
- Recipient account details.
- Preferred transfer type.
- Recipient country location.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data through various means, including:
Directly from You: When you sign up for our services, fill out forms on our website, or communicate with us through email or other channels.
Automated Technologies: We may gather certain information through cookies, log files, and other automated technologies when you interact with our website or mobile application.
Third Parties: In some cases, we may receive your data from third-party sources, such as credit agencies, for verification purposes.
Information we gather about you
log file data collection: we use log-files to record your actions on our platform, including IP addresses, browser type, and referring pages, aiding us in monitoring and optimizing our website's performance and security.
Others we may share your information with
At Nation Remit protecting your personal information is a priority for us. In certain situations, sharing your information becomes necessary for legal business reasons. These reasons encompass the operation of our website and mobile application, as well as the provision of services to you. This sharing of information adheres to relevant legal standards and complies with professional and regulatory obligations concerning confidentiality and the upholding of professional secrecy.
Furthermore, we may share your personal information to/for:
- Fulfil our internal business, operational, managerial, and service requirements.
- The purpose of complying with regulations, conducting audits, and meeting legal, regulatory, and tax-related obligations.
- Gain insight into and provide assistance to our customers and other individuals utilizing our services, applications, and visiting our websites; and
- Services that run the distribution of our marketing communications such as SMS and email marketing.
- Third party processors with whom we conduct business or from whom we receive services. In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Compliance Partners for Legal Requirements and KYC: In order to fulfill our legal obligations and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, we may share your information with third-party companies that assist us in verifying your identity and conducting Know Your Customer (KYC) checks.
- Banks: For the purpose of processing financial transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, and payments, we may share your relevant information with banking institutions. This ensures the smooth and secure execution of financial activities on your behalf.
- Payment Card Processors: When you make payments using payment cards, we may share transaction details with payment card processors to facilitate the transaction and ensure its successful completion. Your payment information is handled securely in accordance with industry standards.
- Our service providers including our technology partners, data hosting services, fraud prevention services that help us test, monitor and enhance the functionality of our services, websites, and mobile applications.
Google: We utilize Google Analytics, which employs cookies and similar technologies to gather and analyse data about the usage of our Sites, allowing us to generate activity and trend reports. This service may also gather information about the use of other websites, apps, and online services.
Legal Basis for Collection
We collect and process your personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- Contractual Necessity: The collection of your information is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations and provide you with the requested services.
- Legal Obligations: We may collect and process your data to comply with legal requirements and regulations.
- Legitimate Interests: We might process your data for legitimate business interests, such as improving our services, preventing fraud, and enhancing user experience.
Data retention- how long we will store your personal information?
We are committed to automatically deleting data that is no longer necessary according to applicable laws and the jurisdictions we operate in. You do not need to reach out to us for data deletion. Our methods of deletion encompass shredding, destroying, and securely disposing of hardware and physical records, as well as deleting or overwriting digital data.
International transfer of your personal information
These countries might not offer the same level of data protection as your country of residence and may not be officially recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection. However, we conduct such transfers only when they are essential for the services we offer you or necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims. Additionally, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information during these transfers, such as:
We take your data security seriously. We implement robust technical and organizational measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
How you can protect your own information:
- Use strong, unique passwords and update them regularly.
- Stay vigilant against phishing attempts and suspicious communications.
- Secure your devices with up-to-date software and firewalls.
- Utilize secure networks for online transactions.
Log out after each session and report any concerns promptly.
Nation Remit is committed to your data security. Your active involvement enhances the overall safety of your personal information.
Depending on the applicable law, you may possess various rights concerning the processing of your relevant personal information. These rights may include:
- The right to know how your personal data is being collected, used, and processed.
- The right to request and receive confirmation from organizations about whether your personal data is being processed and can obtain a copy of the data being processed.
- The right to request corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal data held by organizations.
- The right request the deletion of your personal data (under certain circumstances).
- The right to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data, often in cases where the accuracy of the data is contested, or processing is unlawful.
- The right to request your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and have the right to transfer this data to another data controller.
- The right to object the processing of your personal data for specific purposes, such as direct marketing.
- The right to make a complaint with a relevant Data Protection Authority if you believe your data protection rights have been violated or if you are unsatisfied with an organization's response to your requests.
Cookies and similar technologies
Address: Nation Remit Privacy Team: Unit 309 Lock Studios 7 Corsican Square London E3 3YD
Phone: [0204 537 9666]